There is this notion that anyone passionate about fitness can offer classes to people who want to be healthier or fitter. This may be possible in other countries but not in Ireland where you need to undergo fitness instructor training.
Facts About Fitness Instructor Training
You are going to find several providers of fitness instructor courses all over the country. To ensure that you get quality education, choose a reputable training provider like the National Training Centre.
Established and trusted companies offer courses that meet industry standards. Moreover, the programmes are audited by relevant organisations like REPS Ireland. Hence, you can be confident that you will have the competencies needed to work as a fitness instructor once you finish the course.
The duration of the course varies depending on the training provider. Some run for 18 weeks while the intensive programmes last for only 9 weeks. Most courses are available part-time with classes scheduled in the evening or over the weekend.
Eligibility requirements also vary per course and/or institution. Some training providers require students to have prior certification before they can enrol in the programme. For other institutions like NTC, you do not need to hold any other qualification to participate in their EQF Level fitness instructor course.
Why Doing Well in Your Fitness Instructor Training Matters
With the availability of part-time programmes that allow students to study while working, getting the certificate you need to work as a fitness instructor should be easy.
You should not look at the training, though, as merely a means to an end – being able to work as a fitness instructor. If you truly want to succeed at helping people achieve their fitness goals, you have to take the course seriously.
Make it your goal to ace the course as this can help when you start looking for a job. It can give you an edge over your competitors and open doors to lucrative opportunities. It can pave the way to a successful and financially rewarding career in the fitness industry.
Tips on Acing Your Fitness Instructor Training
Admittedly, performing exceptionally well in the course won’t be a walk in the park, but it is doable. Please read some of our tips below on how to make this happen.
- Set a Fixed Study Time: Apart from the hours you spend in class, take some time to study or review what you are learning. This can help you remember important information and better understand topics you may be having difficulties with.
- Listen & Participate: It is not enough that you attend the sessions. You also have to be mentally present, actively listening to the instructors and participating in the discussions. Doing these enables you to maximise each session, learning and absorbing as much information as you can.
- Ask for Feedback: Do not be afraid to ask your instructor for feedback, especially during your practical sessions. Use what you can gather to perform an honest assessment of yourself. Do not hesitate to realign your focus when necessary.
- Stay Committed. You are bound to confront physical and mental challenges along the way, especially if you are juggling studying and working. Don’t let these hurdles stop you from moving forward; instead, use them as motivations to reach the finish line. Push beyond your perceived limits and set new goals as you go.
- Form a Support System. Surround yourself with people who can give you moral encouragement throughout your journey. It would also be great to have individuals who understand your journey and provide professional knowledge like your personal trainer.
Excelling in your training is about preparing a solid foundation for a successful career in the health fitness industry. It is the first step towards becoming an effective fitness instructor and helping people have a better quality of life.
Do you want to become a fitness instructor in Ireland? Take our sought-after fitness instructor training in Dublin or Cork. Call us today on 01 882 7777 or visit our website to learn about the available schedules.